We are currently busy developing the ProSeis x16 UHR multi-channel profiling and real time data processing system for the seismic survey equipment rental market.
The x16 is being developed to fill the gap between traditional single channel analogue profiling systems such as Boomer, Sparker and Mini-gun with a multi-channel ultra high resolution low cost solution.
What’s new about that I hear you ask?
To compliment the ProSeis x16 seismic profiling system, we’re planning to develop a range of towed, UHR acceleration cancelling piezoelectric mini-streamer arrays for the seismic survey equipment rental market .
A range of programmable group length, analogue hydrophone streamer arrays are planned for released alongside the ProSeis x16 multi-channel seismic profile recording and data processing system.
Our analogue hydrophone streamer arrays are specifically designed for high frequency ultra high resolution (UHR) shallow seismic reflection surveys.
Conventional single channel seismic profile data acquired with Boomer, Sparker or mini-gun source traditionally receive minimal processing in the field, normally only gain adjustment and filtering options are available.
Single channel profile data generally exhibit poor signal to noise ratio, however multi-channel UHR seismic data has the added advantage and ability to stack traces producing much improved signal to noise ratio and multiple suppression.
What about the cost of processing offshore ?
Single or Multi-channel Seismic Profiler ?
The ProSeis x16 UHR Seismic Recording package is currently under development for the seismic survey equipment rental market, capable of real time processing and ultra short shot point intervals the x16 will offer clients a low cost UHR profiling solution.
When you need high resolution data and the chirp or pinger just cant quite produce the penetration your looking for your probably going to need a second profiler.
In these cases the choice of a second profiler that can achieve the penetration your project requires and still maintain high quality, high resolution data acquisition very often becomes cost driven, there are two basic choices:-
Single channel profiler
- Low signal to noise ratio
- Minimal data processing options
- Data quality are very weather dependent often producing poor results
- Low Cost Solution
Conventional multi channel UHR seismic acquisition
- High signal to noise ratio
- Horizontal Resolution dependent upon the navigation computers ability to provide very short shot point interval fixing
- Vertical resolution dependent upon source signature, streamer group length, bandwidth, sensitivity and sample rates available.
- Seismic data require post acquisition processing, equipment and specialist processors.
- High cost solution
ProSeis x16 multi-channel profiler
- High signal to noise ratio.
- Internally calculated shot point interval navigation solutions as short as 0.78 meter intervals only requiring your navigation software to output fixes at any multiple interval > 0.78 meters as a positional reference.
- Flip/Flop seismic source trigger outputs for rapid dual mini-gun shot timing.
- Real time data processing ready for interpretation.
- Raw data preserved for optional post processing.
- Low Cost Solution.